Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last night & today (New Years Eve)

Yesterday I went to the hospital & they drew blood to type & crossmatch for me to receive 2 units of blood the morning of New Years Eve. Kinda got excited!

Last night turned out to be my most restless, non sleepy night. I never got any real good sleep. About 3am I took a drink of lemonade (my mouth is always dry) & then I went to the bathroom. Returned to my bed & immediately threw it up. How disappointing!

This morning I was at the hospital about 8am. I figured it would take about an hour to get two units of blood. WRONG!!! 5 1/2 hours!!!

But the good news is they placed me in a private room & I got almost 4 hours of sleep! That was GREAT! They only have 1 private room. Don't know how I ended up with it. There were others, 3 to an area with their own bed. And most people just end up sitting in a comfy chair. Really don't know how I got that private room, but it was just what I needed.

Tonight is New Years Eve. Sorry, but no partying from me! I always feel the best way to start a new year is ASLEEP!!!

Jim

3 comments:

  1. Hope that transfusion has you feeling like a new man for a new year. Happy New Year! We love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got some good sleep. Did any noise from the neighbors wake you up at midnight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the transfusion will help and that you will feel better,with more energy. We hope the new year finds hope and happiness at the little things! We love you Jim! Keep up the fight!

    ReplyDelete