Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Crazy Night

Last night was so crazy! Sandra started feeling like she was getting a bit sick. Later in the evening we discovered a dead battery & called for a neighbor to jump the car. Thanks Mike! My Mom had decided earlier to take Ryan to her house for the night. A treat for him!

Got a call from my Dr's nurse telling me the results of the blood tests done last Wednesday. SURPRISE! Low in iron. Low in vitamin B12. Low in two different blood counts (don't fully understand them, but know what they are and what they should be at).

One 2 weeks ago was at 33 & 6 days later it was at 30. They should be between 40-50.
The other was at 9.3 & normal is 17.
COULD THAT BE WHY I AM SO WEAK!!!

They want to get me in & boost these things. Iron would take months to get up to normal by taking pills, so they want to give me 2 units of whole blood. Also an IV of B12. Plus other stuff. The only problem is the infusion lab is overbooked this week. Oh well, I have been like this for over a month... what's another week.

Sandra wanted the two dogs inside for the night as it is just so cold right now. She brought them in & put them into the two kennels.

Just after 11pm, I was about to call it a night & out of the blue Sandra asked my temperature. I checked & was shocked! I have been told that if it gets above 100.4 I have to call the Dr. on call & report it. My temperature was 102.9. DANG!!! We called & the Dr. said to take 30 minutes & see if it would drop on it's own. He then said to maybe give it 45 minutes, but if it didn't get below 100.5 I was to come to the emergency room. I stalled & checked. And stalled & checked. Finally more than an hour passed & it was still above 101. Not good. Sandra started getting prepared to drive me to the emergency room. I stalled about another 15 minutes & checked & it was 100.3. Good enough for me! I told Sandra to stop trying to detract from me by claiming to be sick! I could always out do her!

This morning Sandra went to let the dogs out & discovered she had not FULLY secured the kennel locks. The dogs had a blast all night! Empty chocolate wrappers everywhere. Shoes moved around. Other stuff dogs should ONLY do outside! What a mess!

I wonder if she will be a bit more throughal next time!!!

Vanessa & I had a dentist appointment at 9am. SO MUCH FUN! Now my mouth is numb. Gotta go back in 2 weeks.

When I got back from the Dentist, Sandra said the infusion room called & wants me in there Thursday!!! Hey, looks like I will be PARTYING for NEW YEARS EVE!!! (jk)

Jim

5 comments:

  1. welcome back...I have been worried about you since you haven't posted any comments for a few days. If you ever need blood donated for you, let me know. I am O positive. I remember that my mom was always trying to find people to donate for her. Well, I guess you will be partying for new years eve, because after the treatment you will be ready to "rock and roll". We plan on hitting a couple of movies, playing some games, and calling it a night. I really hate new years eve. Oh well...Hang in there. Bye Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you get a special treat for New Year's Eve. Hope it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're acquiring a taste for blood are you? We'll have to start calling you Edward. I hope it works magic for you! Hope Sandra is feeling better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim is been several days since I read your blog, I'm gratefull for all the angels around you, thanks for sharing with us your life. love ya. Alma

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun you had. And the dogs were celebrating New Years a little early. I'm glad your temperature came down so that you didn't have to go to the ER.

    ReplyDelete