Monday, December 14, 2009

Sunday... Love the Lord's Day... The Lord's Way!!!

Sunday was AMAZING!!! As previously mentioned on my post for Saturday, our Stake was having Stake Conference. I just really wanted to attend, but didn't feel I had the strength. About 7:30 am I received a call stating they wanted Sandra & I to be at the Stake Office at 9:30 am because Elder Hales of the Qourum of the Twelve Apostles wanted to give me a Priesthood blessing! I was AMAZED!

I got there along with my wife & two of my kids, and my Mom. I was given a beautiful blessing filled with counsel & comfort. Not that I would be healed (although I would have loved that) but that I would not be alone through this path I must travel. That at some point in time, we all must travel.

After the blessing, Elder Hales said he wanted to speak to us. To my wife & my kids. We also spoke about my son on his mission. It was a special time.

After that, I had planned to head home, as I had come weak. But I felt that I needed to stay for the 2 hour meeting starting at 10am. Someone had saved us seats on the very front row. During the second half of the meeting, Elder Hales spoke. He referenced his previous interaction with me & then asked if I would come take a few moments to share my testimony & my experience. I was surprised, but very willing to do so. After I sat down, he said basically that he was not going to give the talk he had prepared, but wanted to speak directly to Brother & Sister Manwill. He had words of peace & comfort that was directed to us, but would apply to others facing challenges. He then spoke about Our Savior, Jesus Christ & the sacrafice he made for our behalf. It was most inspiring!

I am so thankful for that opportunity! It has a deep, long lasting impact in my life - no matter how long or short it may be.

Thanks to all that continue to express their love & support for me. Their prayers & faith are amazing & appreciated.

Jim

7 comments:

  1. It was a great conference and you did a great job. What an awesome experience that must have been to meet with Elder Hales! We are praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim: That was an amazing testimony that you shared with us. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I too wished that he would have given you a blessing of healing, but he was inspired to bless you how the Lord wanted. You will be able to endure the trials that are placed upon you. And your lovely Sandra and children will also be blessed with the comforter of peace and understanding. I felt that Elder Hales' talk was addressed specifically to me. I've gone through some hard times taking care of my Mom and Dad. Mom is slipping away and I don't think she'll be here for Christmas. This week has been especially hard. I hope that she can pass quickly. She's really suffering. She can't breathe and it's my responsibility to keep her medicated throughout the day and evening. Life is hard but the reward on the other side is well worth it! Keep up your positive attitude. Love You, Jim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee and I were recently reading from 3 Nephi where Christ visits the American continent and "ministers" to the Nephites. We discussed briefly what it meant to "minister" as I had some questions about what that entailed. Then I spoke to you yesterday about this experience with Elder Hales. You completely answered my questions as you told me how Elder Hales ministered to you and your family. He gave you a priesthood blessing, then he counseled you, taught you, and gave you the opportunity to share your testimony. He strengthened you and inspired you and promised to stay in touch with you and your missionary. He truly ministered to you as Christ ministered to the Nephites.
    What a tremendous blessing of peace and comfort. Thanks for sharing this special experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Heavenly Father I ask that you would surround Jim with your guardian angels to help, guide, uplift, strengthen and heal him. We don't always understand life, but we know you are always there and always protecting us. I pray that blessings would come forth for Jim and his family Jesus and that you would provide them with the glorious sense of your presence. I pray you hold Jim in your healing hands and help not only him, but others as well dealing with cancer in their bodies, or a loved ones.. We trust you God, for only you know whats best for our lives... Amen. You got tons of people praying for you Jim.. Keep your head up. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, have been comforted by the ministering Elder Hales did to you and your family. What a blessing to you and to all of those who love you. And Peggy, thanks for sharing your perspective in relation to the scriptures. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the stake meetings were exceptional, culminating in the final session. You did a great job Jim in sharing your testimony and strengthening those around you. I have no doubt that no matter what happens in the short run, in the long run everything will be all right and you will have joy and happiness. Elder Hales reaffirmed that in his address. Thanks Jim for letting us all grow through your experience. We love you, pray for you, and support you in your fight.

    Lyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you get to start killing that cancer on Thursday! My family & I will be keeping you in our thoughts, & as always our prayers! Val

    ReplyDelete