Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday... Monday... Got those Monday Blues!!!

Monday was supposed to be a good day! 8 am Doctor appt to find out more about the cowardly challenger hiding in my body!!!

But WHAT A WASTE of a Doctor appt! With the exception of some free samples of medicine I asked for, it was a waste! The Doctor didn't have any additional news. Couldn't get the CAT SCAN to open on his computer. WHAT A WASTE!!!

Saving factors of Monday!!!

***My BEST ADVOCATE EVER on my medical team, The AWESOME Doctor John Ward (not to be confused with the Doctor appt listed above), called me... not once... not twice... but three times to day to check in on me!!! He di what it took to get me referred to two Doctors for opinions (this will make a total of 3 opinions in the coming days).

***My Best Friend since way back in 9th grade called & wanted to take me to lunch. I said I'd be a real cheap date since I don't really eat. I turned down the offer. Spoke a bit more on the phone & then he just said LET ME STOP BY!!! shortly thereafter he was at my door. We spoke for a bit. Suddenly I felt like a starving pig (ha ha) and said lets go get onion rings! We went to a place I recently discovered & he had tried... the Blue Plate (21st & 21st) BEST ONION RINGS in the WORLD!!! He even bought me a caramel shake (caramel ROCKS!!!) I didn't drink a bit there, but I did during the rest of the day. And the onion rings... YOU BET!!! I ate almost all of them!!!

***One of Vanessa's friends dropped of coconut chocolate chip CALORIE-LOADED treats! I looked at them & thought TOO MANY CALORIES... But then almost immediately though... I NEED Calories!!! I ate one for breakfast!!!

***After speaking to my son's Mission President last night in an effort to make sure he didn't find out from other sources, today he called my son into the office & broke the news to him (he's been in Mexico for only 28 days). My son said even though we didn't have any additional news, he still wanted to call us. We were able to speak for nearly 40 minutes! He started with a quivering voice, but I immediately stepped up & with a voice of confidence, told him the history of the last 14 days. I did a lot of speaking because I felt it was important for him to hear me & see I didn't waiver! Towards the end I asked him to do a door approach in Spanish... rollplay. I don't speak s bit of Spanish, but my wife does. It was GREAT!!! Then I asked him to bear his testimony in Spanish. My wife said it was POWERFUL!!! We will speka with him at the end of the week when we learn more about the COWARD hiding inside me!!!

***Tonight me HEAD CHEERLEADER of this MANWILL FIGHT team (you are ALL my cheerleaders, but this was the first one to declare herself a cheerleader for me)... my ALWAYS appreciated & loved, MEGAN HILL!!! She & her AWESOME parents stopped by with not one, but TWO prepared & ready to cook lasagna dinners & also garlic bread. SO AMAZING!!! I must apologize to them as I tackled them & made them stay for nearly 45 minutes... I really just wanted to laugh & knew they were PERFECT to deliver laughter! HOW I LOVE THAT FAMILY!!!

***And then there's my MOST AMAZING MOM!!! She showed up unannounced... in her robe & came and just laid by my side & talked!!! I reached over & took her hand to hold. I TOTALLY LOVE having the PERFET MOM!!!

***Last but not least, additional outpouring of support & comments on Facebook!!! I am totally enjoying those comments on Facebook. I read & re-read them. Powerful! Inspirational. Uplifting. I am never surprised how just a few words can mean so much to me. So many say I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY... Guess what... NEITHER WOULD I... or at least before this I woundn't... But now I do... Here comes the secret...

Just say...

I love you
or
Be strong
or
We are thinking of you
or
HOLY CRAP
or
LOVE YOU... HATE YOUR GUTS!!!(that might be my favorite)


Turns out there are NOT any magic words... but the thought... the words, awkward as they might be to utter, is ALL I need.

Till tomorrow (or something like that...)

Jim the COWARD KILLER signing out!!!

And THANKS AGAIN my CHEERLEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Word to that Coward, "You're going DOWN!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of you who keep Jim's spirits up!! That is such a powerful medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we Love you and your family very very much! :)
    Now... Those dogs of yours must get very annoying at times... I will spare my time for your dogs.. so just bring them over or i can come pick them up and they will PLAY!! :) haha.
    We love you and hope the lasgna is yummmy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok,I love you....no, no, no....let me try that again... I Love You...no, no, no...one more time..I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! ok that works. Hey it is time for a gelato run. what ya doing tmro, or friday?... I know you favorite flavor...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will always be your cheerleader, Jim. We love you and KEEP FIGHTING!! We know you will! We love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete