Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday

Today I awoke & realized that if I am going to keep up with my goal of attending the temple EVERY WEEK while Daniel is serving the Lord on a mission in Mexico, and CHristmas is THIS WEEK, that I better get my lazy butt out of bed & head to the temple. I called my Mom to join Sandra & myself. And off we went.

It was a challenge. Especially after doing the initiatory work I went there for. Turns out I was left at the lockers area with nobody to push the wheelchair. I struggled to wheel it out & to a common area. It took a good deal of strength (which I don't really have) & it required a very slow pace filled with plenty of stops. I felt invisible as nearly 2 dozen people passed me, possibly seeing my weakness. But then I thought that these people were probably rushing to get temple attendance in before Christmas. I'm sure they were preoccupied with their own challenges & stresses of the season. End of my pity party!

Sandra saw me & rushed to my emotional rescue! Thanks honey!

It still was a nice time to be in the temple & to be with my wife & Mom.

When I got home, I was drained. Normally I am always tired, but never looking for a nap during the day. But not today!

There were other things throughout the rest of the day, but nothing of real significance to include here. Wouldn't want to bore those that actually look at this (probably way too late for that!!! sorry).

Just after 8 tonight I turned on the TV & one of Daniel's most favorite Christmas shows was just starting. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I called Ryan in to come watch it. I told him he would laugh through this show. It didn't take long before he was laughing! Shortly into it, he said Dad it's good that we are together now just spending some quality time together. We need to do more of this! I thought how touching it is for him & so important for me too. What a special kid that really doesn't fully understand what is going on. Just a few days ago he asked Mom, Is cancer contageous? What a poor little kid worrying about his Dad & trying to be strong, yet not get what Dad has.

Please go spend an extra few minutes with someone special to you!

I am looking forward to a good night sleep.

Love to you all!!!
Jim

3 comments:

  1. That's good that you had a fun laughing time tonight with (part I guess) of the family.

    Sorry to hear about being left alone at the Temple. Put a loud horn on the wheelchair. LOL

    2 nurses in infusion asked how you were doing. I also saw Dr. Ward in the hallway. Talked briefly.

    Get some good rest tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing to keep going to the temple every week, even when you have no strength. What a worthy goal for all of us, especially when we feel well. I think I will go tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jim for the reminders of how we are with other people who struggle. Sometimes we assume that they are OK. I admire you in your temple attendance. With Brian and I working in the temple, I look forward to those days that I can feel peace. Every Friday is a day I look forward to. I can imagine that you feel the same. The peace is priceless! The girls all asked about you and are reading your blog everyday. You had such a powerful influence on them. They all have expressed their love for you! Keep fighting Jim!! You're a great example! We love you! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete