Friday, December 11, 2009

Finally Friday!!!

It's Finally Friday!!! Great!!! Generally... but not particularly for me. Because it is just another day without any biopsy results. That means definitely no results Saturday or Sunday!

Oh well... What's another day or two or three.

I had the opportunity to talk to each of my siblings today. Crazy thing is that suddenly I have a bad impact on them or anybody else for that matter that I talk to. I've decided that I've just got a dark rain cloud right over me! It doesn't really rain on me, but it rains on everybody else I come in contact with!

Still feeling strong! Still feeling the amazing strength from My Lord and Savior!

I imagine you have each heard the poem of the footsteps on the sand. Suddenly now it has more impact in my life than ever before. I can HONESTLY say that I feel the Lord is carrying me right now!

If you are not familiar with the poem, here it is. But be warned... read it with a Kleenex!

I love you guys!!!

Jim

************* Footsteps in the Sand *************
One night I dreamed a dream.
I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

7 comments:

  1. I am so thankful the Lord is carrying you through this trial. Trying to be strong myself. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Jim! The hurry up and wait phase has got to be the hardest. I am POSITIVE the Lord is helping you fight this battle! You and your family are in our continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration. Your inner strength is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jim, I don't know you, but I do feel for what you are going through. I lost my brother in April to cancer and although he didn't get his healing, I believe you will! You have the love and support of so many, and all our prayers too. Hang in there, stay strong, God is with you!

    He forgives all our sins and heals all my diseases. Psalms 103:3

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jim, my name is Rachelle. My sister Valerie is a cancer survivor (she left one of your comments on Thurs.) She brought you to my attention, and I just want to let you know that I too am putting you on my prayer list;) I think it's important that we understand the power of prayer! Prayer does make a difference! Keep the faith Jim and know God IS WITH YOU!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jim! My mother Sharon has a friend in Uganda who emailed a prayer for you. Remember so many people are praying for you!
    Valerie Fisher

    Prayer from Peter in Uganda

    “Heavenly Father, You are intimately aware of the struggle Mr.Jim
    Manwill is experiencing -- the pain and the despair. You know the
    desire of his heart to be healed of this illness. I ask now for Your
    healing touch. I know that You are able and that just like in Bible
    times, You can heal him from stomach cancer he is diagnosed from.

    “I also understand that You will chose what is best for him. I pray
    that through this trial, He will draw close to You -- that You will be
    his comfort and strength. I pray that ultimately, whatever happens,
    You will be glorified through him. God, hear my prayer,
    And let Jim Manwill's cry come to You.
    Do not hide from him in the day of his distress
    Turn to him and speedily answer his prayer.
    Eternal God, Source of healing,
    Out of his distress I call upon You.
    Help him sense Your presence
    At this difficult time of stomach cancer he is dignosed from.
    Grant him patience when the hours are heavy;
    In hurt or disappointment give him courage.
    Keep him trustful in Your love.
    Give him strength for today, and hope for tomorrow.
    To your loving hands I commit his spirit
    When asleep and when awake. You are with him; He shall not fear.
    I pray this in Jesus’ name, amen.”


    Dear Sharon,Lets all believe for God's hand to heal our brother Jim
    Manwill from stomach cancer after the above prayer i have prayed for
    him

    Be Blessed!

    Peter.
    Peter Kayongo,
    P.O.Box 21665,
    Kampala-Uganda,
    Tel:+256712262712
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting the poem Footprints in the Sand. I love this poem and it is so true. He really does carry us through our hard times.

    ReplyDelete