Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday... In the Park...

Sorry for the titles thus far, as each post starts out with the day of the week... Cute... Cheezy!!! Don't worry, there's only 1 day I have written for yet. After Sunday I may shake up the titles!!! (This title comes from the band Chicago... Saturday in the park...)

Unfortunately this Saturday was NOT like a day in the park. But it wasn't a bad day.

For starters, let me mention (yet again) just how amazing my Mom is! She has known that it is not too uncommon over the past few weeks, that I get cold. She previously brought me her heating pad. This morning my dear, sweet wife found our electric blanket & placed it on the bed. Then in testing, she discovered it barely warmed up & only in a small portion. My Mom discovered that & shorty she was back saying Merry Christmas & she had a brand new electric blanket. She honestly is one of my Heros!!! Always has been... Always will be!!!

Today was supposed to be filled with a few Stake Conference meetings. One at 4pm & one at 7pm. I was even called several days ago & asked if I would offer one of the prayers at the 4pm meeting. I just felt that chances were I wouldn't feel up to attending. Even though it turned out to be correct, it was a disappointment to me as there are not one, but two visiting General Authorities. One from the Quorum of the Seventy & one from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles (for those not familiar with the upper levels of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, that is WAY UP THERE!!!) Oh well, it turned out to be best that I didn't try to attend.

During the day I was blessed with a surprise visit from a dear lady that I highly admire & totally enjoy conversing with. Even though she has been a good friend of mine for some time, over the past several months she has become a favorite of mine on Facebook. In fact, she is the one that encouraged me to join Facebook. And now I am SO GLAD I have Facebook. It has become a source of strength to me with the comments of encouragment during these times. As has the comments posted on this boring blog! Please continue to read it, or at least just skip the reading & make a comment anyways. I'll never know that you didn't actually read!

Back to her visit. It did so much to lift my spirits. Thanks! And it gave me, or us both, things to laugh at. I enjoy laughing... but not too hard of laughing, it can hurt my side.

This evening I was able to meet (and terrorize) a young man that came to take my MOST FAVORITE daughter to the school Winter Formal dance. It was fun to try to instill fear into him. He said at the door that they were in a hurry to pick up the other couple, but I insisted there was time for the questions I had prepared. I even had a printed piece of paper in my hand (turns out the paper was just directions to the restaurant - but he didn't know that!). I said I would shorten the process and even eliminate the essay questions (the look on his face was priceless!). I then asked "What are the 7 virtues most important to a young lady? (slight pause, then I said) and you don't need to put them in the proper priority level." (another priceless look). My daughter was dying on the side!!! (another priceless look) I then cut him slack (yet again) and said I will just jump to the last part. I said "This is my MOST FAVORITE daughter... PLEASE take good care of her!" And with that they went out the door. What a hoot!!! Too bad I didn't have a a shotgun by the door for effects!!!

This entire day (as well as the last few days) my wife has been at my side for so much. And when she isn't she is not far away & willingly comes to help whatever I ask. She is amazing! Thanks Sweetheart!

Thanks again to all of you. For your words of encouragment. For your prayers & faith. I feel it!

1 comment:

  1. I can almost see the look on that young man's face. Poor kid! But I remember when Dad called the bishop of someone I dated to find out if he was "worthy" of me. Father/Daughter bonds are special.

    ReplyDelete