Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday (what a boring title!)

Today I was blessed with the visit of my Mom. When she showed up, I said I am the Luckiest Person in the World!!! She asked why & I said because my Mom is here for me!

She showed up to give me a back rub... complete with lotion! What a treat, because my back was really hurting today.

Later in the day she showed up again with an eclair for me! See, What an AMAZING Mom! But I felt so bad, as I had just TOTALLY PIGGED OUT!!! I ate a Peanutbutter & Jam sandwich!!! YUM!!! But there was NO ROOM left!

Hey a bit of good news (you have to take what you can find!) Two days ago I had dropped 4/10 of a pound & this morning I had gained exactly 4/10 of a pound back! Normally the lose of weight would be FANTASTIC, but not now! I was glad to see I got it right back!

This evening my sister, Louise (that has suffered more pains & surgeries than anybody I know) showed up with a gift for me. She said she drove around to 4 stores in search for a body pillow for me! Isn't she sweet!!!

Tomorrow is going to be an emotional day for my son on a mission in Mexico. Today I spoke with his Mission President to update him on my status. Tomorrow he will share it with Daniel. Please pray for Daniel to be strengthened! I want those prayers MUCH MORE than any prayers for me Thursday when I start chemo. I will do just fine, but I worry for sweet Daniel!

Thanks,

Jim

7 comments:

  1. We'll remember Elder Manwill in our prayers, as well as put his name on the Denver temple prayer roll tomorrow. What a wonderful mother you have! She must be an amazing person. (I ought to know because she's my mother, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr.Manwill~ You are in my daily thoughts and prays. I will also be praying for your family and a extra one for Daniel!!
    Just so you know who I am,I am very good friends with your sister Linda she has been keeping me updated.
    Have a very blessed Christmas,
    Courtnie Ramshaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Daniel too. And yes, we do have an amazing mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that Daniel will have an extra outpouring of the Spirit during this difficult time. My dad was ill while I was a missionary, and while it was very hard to be away from home during all of it, I was amazed at how the Lord compensated. I know He will do the same for your family!!

    We will be thinking of all of you tomorrow. I spent lots of time at the Huntsman Cancer Institute while my sister was receiving chemo. We are so blessed to have one of the leading cancer research centers so close! You are all in our prayers!!
    Love,
    Marianne Carter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have said it for years....Sometimes a guy just needs his mom! Good luck tomorrow Jim. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you sure are a lucky person, to have your mom and not only a mom, but a GREAT MOM I'm lucky to know her and she sure is special, our family is praying for you, for your family and for Elder Manwill.

    ReplyDelete