Sunday, January 3, 2010

I Did It My Way!!!

I decided, I can call the shots!!! At least on a few things. So that is JUST what I did! Late Friday eve I just happened to grap a bit of my hair & pull. Sure enough some came out. I picked another area & it happened there also. I called Sandra into the room & showed her.

THAT DOES IT, I said!!! It COMES OUT when I DECIDE!!!

The next afternoon I had a few family members & my kids over & we videorecorded & photographed the entire process! Complete with stopping when I had just a mohawk! After it was cut pretty darn close to the scalp, I walked into the bathroom. I exclaimed! DANG I'm A STUD!!! Sandra said that my Mom, Jeremy & Vanessa, two of my kids, were having a difficult time seeing me remove my hair.

For many years I have been curious how I would look bald. But I never had the courage to actually do it. But now I was excited! Also I knew there was a fairly large scar under that mop of every morning bad hair day! And I have always wanted to see it. When I was born, there was a very lazy doctor. It was early Sunday morning & he checked my Mom. She wasn't ready to deliver. He went to the doctor's lounge to sleep. A few hours later he awoke & came to check on her again. Still no baby. Without even checking to see if the baby was in proper position, he said "lets just give you a shot that makes the baby come INSTANTLY." He never checked that I wasn't positioned correctly. The incorrect position & the instant shot into labor caused a blod clot on my brain. However noboby realized that. Three days later I was in the nursery & a very seasoned nurse heard my cry. She called over a doctor & told him "that baby's cry was not a normal cry of hunger, sleepy or wet, but it was a cry of pain." The doctor said that if any other nurse had made that observation, he would have said I'M THE DOCTOR HERE-YOU'RE JUST A NURSE. But he knew of her outstanding reputation for so many years. He started researching & discovered a brain clot. That very day they went through the soft spot of the head & removed the blod clots. Three weeks later I was brought back in to remove the scar tissue. I ended up with a very large horseshoe scar that has been hard to see... until now. I am SO VERY EXCITED to see that scar, as for years I have said the first thing I want to do after I die is to find that nurse and thank her! The doctors had said if that hadn't been detected, I would have had no motor or learning development - basically I would have just been a vegetable! Sorry for the long diversion about the removal of my hair.

I went to church Sunday & bore my testimony. I know the ward was shocked to see me without any hair. When I got home from church, I asked Jeremy to bring something to my room. When he walked in, I was SHOCKED to see that he had cut all his hair off! This is the kid that loves hair... longer than I prefer. What an untimate sacrifice he made to show such support & love to his Dad!




6 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't even know what to say. How touching that Jeremy would do that in your honor. You both look great! Studmuffins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very special that Jeremy did that to support his dad !!!! Way to go Jeremy. And to Jim too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a STUD! We LOVE the bald head. You are a strong man and we LOVE you! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to do this your way! I love your strong spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always thought that Jeremy was a special young man . . . this proves what a great young man he really is! Jim, keep up the strong spirit that you have! You are such a great example to everyone out there! Sandra is a very lucky girl to have you!
    You are in my thoughts and prayers!
    (I worked with Sandra and Jeremy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Jim! Go Jim go go go go Go Jim!!! You both loook very very lovely without any hair!! :) The Whole Fam. Loves you and we are just down the street.... Don't forget that if you dogs are bugging you... i will freely take them to my house! :)

    ReplyDelete